Now, the implementation of webmail hosting within your organisation needs specialized equipments and trained professionals. As a result, the set-up needs a huge capital investment which many companies will not be able to afford. Worth mentioning would be that this cost can be overwhelming with ongoing maintenance of services in an attempt to prevent latency, intermittent failures and troubleshoot faults. So, what are the viable options left. The answer is to look for a service provider that can offer the right kind of email solutions.
Just to mention, there are many companies who offers such email hosting services to customers. So, does that mean you can go with any service provider. The answer is a simple 'No'. For, though it is true that there are many companies out there providing email solutions, but then other factors also need consideration.
Which Service Provider to Choose and Why
As mentioned previously, you have to be very careful while choosing the service provider for webmail hosting. This is due to the fact that emails are critical and carry a lot of sensitive data referring to business deals, proposals, updates, notifications, internal updates and mission critical audio and video data etc. The crux of the matter is that email is an indispensable tool for communication in business and as such, deserves a lot of consideration while opting for the service provider.
Here are the points which need to be kept in mind to choose the right provider:
- Reliability: Reliability is the key factor for choosing a good Business email hosting service provider. The company should be able to provide reliable services with low latency and high up time. This is important as it helps your business to connect with clients or vice versa, building on good faith and establishing long term relationships. High up time will ensure smooth communication resulting in increased production and lowering of the turn-around-time.
- Security: With Cyber crime on the rise and hackers trying to penetrate servers to steal valuable information, the company should implement adequate security measures to negate such kind of threats. This means that webmail hosting servers need to be secured against such attacks.
- 24 hours Technical Help-desk: Your service provide should have a dedicated help-desk for offering round-the-clock technical assistance. In other words, there should be someone available in case you confront an inevitable technical problem.
- Reasonable Price: The service provider should be able to offer most competitive price with regards to sought services. This can be based on storage space on the server and other critical services as request.
- Accessibility of Information: As a business entity, you may require to access information for meetings and presentations. You can also check if your service provider offers synchronization feature so that you can share files and other important data with other members.
- Spam Filters: You can check the webmail hosting service provider for spam filters. This ensures protection of mails from being sabotaged.
- Backup: In case of theft or loss of data your service provider should be able to provide you with the backup files. It this is service is not in offer, then you might want to check with someone other provider.