Do you know a Blogger Blog can be redirected to your Own Domain?
Instead of having your blog as myblog.blogspot.com, you can have your blog in your domain, mydomain.com.
Why to opt for moving a blogger blog to your own Custom Domain?
1. Your domain serves as a one central hub for your all online function, instead of remembering different and multiple URLs for your website.
2. The content given in your blog will be indexed by search engines under your domain. If the blog is on the BlogSpot, the search engine indexes your blog but your website is not benefitted by the traffic and the incoming links.
3. The blog is hosted for free and web hosting service is not needed. It is located at mydomain.com instead of myblog.blogspot.com
4. Most of the blogs in the BlogSpot are of low quality. The blog in your own custom domain gives more credibility and professional appearance to the visitors. The blogger will also forward the visitors of the blog from Old URL to new URL.
5. There is no need for study of new platform for Blogging. Even if you blog your posts in the Blogger it will be directed to the new domain.
The one and only drawback of moving the Blogger blog to your own domain arises if your blog in the Blogger is well developed with good traffic. If the blog is moved to the new custom domain, there may be a drop in the traffic and search engine rankings. This can be easily rectified, once the search engine recognizes the new address of the blog.
Just because you have a blog in a blogger for more than a year and having handful of visitors is not considered as an established one. Nowadays the experts expect and consider having more than couple hundred visitors for heavy traffic. Ultimately, it is good to have your blog in your own custom domain.
If you are not having the domain, you can get it from any of the Domain registrars. Google offers you the provision of having a domain for $10. Some registrars like Godaddy provides a domain for $9 and even some registrars provide it for $7 a year. Once you obtain the domain, you are ready to set the process to begin hosting your blog to your new website address. After completing the process, make everyone know of your blog address.
Steps to move your Blogger Blog to your Custom Domain
Login your Blogger account. Select and click “Settings tab”. Next click “Publishing” to access the “Custom Domain” link. If you have to purchase a new domain now, then the blogger takes you through the process of registering a new domain name. Next you can click the button “Switch to Advanced Settings’
A text box is provided in which you can type your domain name and then to save, click “Save Settings”. Now your blogger blog redirects to your own Custom Domain.
You have to note that the blogger does not impose you any charges for moving to your own domain and whenever you need, move it to your BlogSpot subdomain. If you are registering your domain with a company you have to create a CNAME record so that the blog would function properly. It is company specific, and so your domain registrar will provide the information
Steps to Be Taken after Moving the Blogger blog to Your Own Domain
You have to do a few more things after moving your blog to your own custom domain.
· Make everyone know about your new domain address and the visitors will update their links.
· If you have trackers installed, update the address to include your new website address for the blog.
· Reclaim your new blog on the search engine Technocrati. If the old address of the blog is no longer needed inform them by sending a note that the old ones can be marked as irrelevant.
· If you have registered and member of social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter, then update the address of your blog with your domain name.
· Finally update the links mentioned in your website to reflect your new domain and blog.