Although, there are a wide variety of web hosting services, with the advancement of technology, cloud computing is a new form of web hosting that is slowly gaining momentum and is more preferred today by individuals for its advantages. Cloud server hosting helps in running a website without downtimes even when the servers malfunctions, which hampers the website and as a result your online business suffers. Based on cloud computing technologies, this hosting type employs several servers that act as a single server and provides better and faster hosting services. Cloud servers are more preferred as this work better than shared servers, and at times it performs even better than dedicated server. There are several companies that provide cloud hosting services as it is more reliable, provides complete security, flexibility and above all it is cost-effective.
Benefits of cloud servers
Cloud Server Hosting is indeed the best choice for your hosting needs. Among all the advantages of it, a major benefit of choosing cloud servers is that it is cost-effective, and you just need to pay for the amount you use. Another added benefit of this web hosting is that you can switch to a different package without facing problem according to your requirement. Some of the other benefits of choosing Cloud server hosting for your website includes:
1. Cloud servers facilitate expansion of online business without spending for new and licensed software.
2. Cloud servers can be accessed from any place on this earth and at any time with just a computer having Internet connection.
3. With cloud server hosting, you can choose the operating system on which you want the hosting as per your wish.
4. Cloud server hosting provides flexibility as the total control of the server configuration is done through an API or web based interface.
5. In cloud server hosting, the control over the server is given to you and thus you can customize the performance as per your requirements.
Disadvantages of shared hosting as compared to cloud server hosting
Shared hosting is one of the most preferred type of web hosting service as it is cheaper as compared to other types. However, it is accompanied by several disadvantages. This server is no longer reliable and lacks on the aspect of security. Although it is cheap and quite affordable, it is prone to hacking and thus your website will always be at a risk of losing its charm in the web World. In addition, this web hosting type is not a good one for business websites as it does not provide enough bandwidth and hence the website faces increased downtime. This will restrict your potential customers from visiting your website and thus will be a great loss for your business. It also affects the smooth functioning of your website.