- Back-up: What is the frequency with which your host will be allowing you to back up your website? Make sure that the company you choose has given you a complete low-down of the same. Efficient cloud solutions will allow you to back up your website at regular intervals to your own server or any other location for that matter. This is really helpful in case your host unfortunately goes bankrupt or simply loses/corrupts data.
- Customer service: One of the most important factors to keep in mind for cloud services is the kind of customer support they offer. Even with the best resources at hand, you may face unfortunate issues. A host that is easy to get in touch with is obviously a safer bet.
- Cost: Finding a quality web host for low monthly fee charges isn't rocket science. Ensure that you have done your complete homework in this respect. Many hosts allow you to save money by coughing up an amount for annual or bi-annual services. This can help you keep your finances in check. Besides, having a host who is upfront about money-back guarantee is also a good option. This will allow you to maximize the host without really worrying about lost charges.
- Potential Overselling: This is one point that you need to be really careful about. In a many cases, business owners end up as victims, causing much loss in time and also added stress. Whenever cloud services try to oversell their product, users are bound to face pathetic bandwidth. Having a business site suffer due to some company’s callous attitude will really do no good. Besides, the host will gain higher profits at your cost. So beware!
- CPanel and Fantastico: Among the many resources provided by cloud solutions, you must pick the one that offers both Fantastico and CPanel. It has many advantages. First off, CPanel will enable you to monitor, maintain and control your website in an effortless manner thanks to its user-friendly nature. Secondly, Fantastico will provide you with a robust script installer for installation of scripts in no time. These are pretty useful features that shouldn’t be ignored.
- Up-time performance: Since your server will be remotely based across the cloud, you should have gauged the up-time performance offered by your host much in advance. While random outages once in a while are alright, a host that offers maximum up-time performance is the safest bet
- Security: The importance of your data’s security by your host should be examined carefully for obvious reasons.
With these facts at hand, making the right pick as far as a cloud host is concerned shouldn't be that difficult.